link parties

Thursday, June 9, 2011

breakfast for the whole family

I got this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend and so on. It has been modified and modified some more, I'm sure. What I love about this type of cooking: it's not exact, make it to your liking. To me the proportions I am recommending make for a sausage bread pudding with perfect texture. My family all agrees that this will be breakfast at our next camping trip.


  • 1 pkg mild Italian sausage
  • loaf of sliced sourdough bread
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 5 jumbo eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • salt pepper


    the night before…
    • spray 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
    • lightly butter bread and cut into cubes, place in dish
    • Cook sausage and drain
    • Arrange sausage over bread cubes
    • Sprinkle cheese
    • Beat eggs and milk, salt pepper to taste
    • pour over sausage, cheese and bread
    • Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight


      in the morning…
      • Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-45 minutes








      No comments:

      Post a Comment